The Ophthalmology department has the expertise to treat all kind of eye related problems ranging from routine eye examination to other conditions of the eye and surrounding structures. Our team of ophthalmologists is fully equipped with state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic equipments for treating glaucoma, cataracts, corneal and external diseases, aesthetics, pediatric ophthalmic diseases and disorders.
Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine that deals with the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eye. An ophthalmologist is a specialist in medical and surgical eye problems. Ophthalmology includes sub-specialties which deal either with certain diseases or diseases of certain parts of the eye.
Some of them are
- Anterior Segment Surgery
- Retinal Ophthalmology – emphasis on LASER treatment of the retina and actual retinal surgery
- Cataracts – not usually considered a subspecialty per se, since most general ophthalmologists perform cataract surgery
- Cornea, Ocular Surface and External Disease
- Medical Retina deals with treatment of retinal problems through non-surgical means • Neuro-ophthalmology
- Ocular Oncology
- Oculoplastics & Orbit Surgery
- Ophthalmic Pathology
- Pediatric Ophthalmology / Strabismus (mis-alignment of the eyes)
- Refractive Surgery
- Vitreo-retinal Surgery deals with surgical management of retinal and posterior segment diseases and disorders
- Medical Retina and Vitreo-retinal Surgery sometimes together called posterior segment sub specialization.